Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter! Easter Baskets 1975

Here's an old image I found on a very deteriorated film slide, stored for 30 years in my parents basement.  It didn't digitize very well, but I love the subject of this photograph!  My sister in her frilly Easter Dress lovingly holding her new baseball glove while she munches on candy.  I don't think she removed the baseball glove all day!  You can hardly see me, but I'm on the left.


There are lots of memories in this photo.  It makes me reminisce about the house we lived in in Holden, Massachusetts.  I can see that my mother put white chocolate bunnies in our Easter baskets because she believed that regular chocolate contributed to acne.  To this day I can't stand white chocolate.   Most of the Easter candy came from Hebert's candies in Worcester, which is still in business.  It was a real treat to get solid chocolate bunnies from Hebert's, and to visit the big Hebert's Candy mansion in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts.

The Hebert Candy website  http://www.hebertcandies.com/

--------------------------------

Published under a Creative Commons License
Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Happy Easter!  Easter Baskets 1975", Nutfield Genealogy, posted March 27, 2016, (  http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2016/03/happy-easter-easter-baskets-1975.html: accessed [access date]).

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Hebert's! I've never had any of their Easter chocolate. We used to visit the mansion in Shrewsbury on our way to and from Prince Edward Island for summer vacation. Great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely photo! Glad you rescued it before it deteriorated too far. Did you go on an egg hunt to find the sweets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, Marian! Yes, we usually had an egg hunt, indoor or outdoor depending on the weather or snow.

      Delete
  3. I've been there once when I lived in Marlborough. Hard to choose a few things.

    ReplyDelete