Friday, February 26, 2016

My, How the family has grown! Photo Friday

These are my husband's cousins from Spain.  This photo was taken in about 1976 in Madrid, Spain.  Here you see his cousin, José, in his military uniform (military service was compulsory in Spain from 1770 until 2001), and his little sister, Marta, with their parents.



This second photo was taken a few years ago when Marta, the little girl in the photo was married in Seville, Spain.  This photo contains her parents (at the far left), her brother, José, and his wife and son, and Marta's new husband and his two young sons from a previous marriage.  I remember this day very well, because it was the first time I had ever been to a wedding in Spain!


And two years later my daughter had a wedding reception in the Plaza Mayor of Madrid.  Here she is posing with the same auntie, uncle and cousins.  Recognize everyone?  Little Marta and her husband are on the far right, standing next to José and his mother, with my daughter and her new husband in the middle. José's father is next to the bride on the right.



-----------------------------

To cite/link to this blog post:  Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "My, How the family has grown!  Photo Friday", Nutfield Genealogy, posted February 26, 2016, (  http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2016/02/my-how-family-has-grown-photo-friday.html: accessed [access date]).

No comments:

Post a Comment