Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Weathervane Wednesday ~ A Cat on the Roof!

Weathervane Wednesday is an on-going series of photographs I post weekly.  I started out by publishing only weather vanes from the Londonderry area, but now I've been finding interesting weather vanes from all over New England.  Sometimes my weather vanes are whimsical, or historical, but all are very interesting.  Often, my readers tip me off to some very unique and unusual weather vanes.

Today's weather vane is from somewhere in New Hampshire.

Do you know the location of weather vane #243?  Scroll down to see the answer...





The fun twist for this weathervane is that it was reported to me by genealogy blogger June Butka Stearns of the blog "Dame Gussie's Genealogical Rants".  I picked up June one afternoon and we rode around Merrimack, New Hampshire and she pointed out SIX new weather vanes for me to photograph!

This little cat weathervane was spotted above a private residence on Wire Road in Merrimack.  It's very small and June wouldn't have noticed it at all if she hadn't been looking for another weather vane that had been reported to her off Wire Road.  It was also very difficult to photograph from the road, but here are the results!

This weathervane is a two dimensional cat.  Cat weathervanes are extremely rare.  I see many more weather vanes for dogs, and even so dogs are much rarer than horses, roosters and eagles.

Click here to see the entire series of Weathervane Wednesday posts!


-------------------------------
Published under a Creative Commons License
Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Weathervane Wednesday ~ A Cat on the Roof!", Nutfield Genealogy, posted January 13, 2016 ( http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2016/01/weathervane-wednesday-cat-on-roof.html : accessed [access date]).

No comments:

Post a Comment