Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Weathervane Wednesday ~ A Firefighter

Weathervane Wednesday is an on-going series of photographs I post weekly.  I started out by publishing only weather vanes from the Londonderry area, but now I've been finding interesting weather vanes from all over New England.  Sometimes my weather vanes are whimsical, or historical, but all are very interesting.  Often, my readers tip me off to some very unique and unusual weather vanes.

Today's weather vane is from somewhere in New Hampshire.

Do you know the location of weather vane #212?  Scroll down to see the answer...



Today's weather vane was photographed in East Kingston, New Hampshire.  It is located above the Fire Station at 5 Main Street.  This old fashioned weather vane is a two dimensional firefighter with a hose, turnout gear and helmet.  I've seen lots of fire engines, motorized and horse drawn, as weather vanes, but this is the first one I've seen depicting a firefighter.

East Kingston, New Hampshire Fire Department  http://www.eknh.org/fire/index.html

---------------------------
Published under a Creative Commons License
Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Weathervane Wednesday ~ A Firefighter", Nutfield Genealogy, posted June 10, 2015
( http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2015/06/weathervane-wednesday-firefighter.html : accessed [access date]).

No comments:

Post a Comment