Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Weathervane Wednesday ~ An airplane

Weathervane Wednesday is an on-going series of photographs I post weekly.  I started by publishing weather vanes from the Londonderry area, but now I've been finding interesting weather vanes all across New England.  Sometimes my weather vanes are whimsical, or historical, but all are interesting. Often, my readers tip me off to some very unique and unusual weather vanes, too! If you know an interesting or historical weathervane, please let me know.

Today's weathervane is from New Hampshire.

Do you know the location of weather vane #208?  Scroll down to see the answer!




Today's weather vane was seen above a private residence in Manchester, New Hampshire. It is a simple two dimensional single propeller airplane.  I'm sure that this represents someone's hobby, like many other weather vanes seen at private residences over garages, homes and sheds.

As I was driving away I realized that there were TWO airplane weather vanes at this residence, and the second one was above the garage.  But, since this was a busy street I couldn't pull over again to take another photo.  If you see this one, be sure to check out both weather vanes!

Click here to see the entire Weathervane Wednesday collection!

----------------------
The URL for this post is
http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2015/05/weathervane-wednesday-airplane.html
Copyright (c) 2015, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment