Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Weathervane Wednesday ~ Above the fire station

Weathervane Wednesday is an on-going series of photographs I post weekly.  I started by publishing weather vanes from the Londonderry area, but now I've been finding interesting weather vanes all across New England.  Sometimes my weather vanes are whimsical, or historical, but all are interesting. Often, my readers tip me off to some very unique and unusual weather vanes, too! If you know an interesting or historical weathervane, please let me know.

Today's weather vane is from New Hampshire.

Do you know the location of weather vane #209?  Scroll down to see the answer!





Today's weather vane was photographed above the Bedford, New Hampshire fire station on Route 101, and it's physical address is actually 55 Constitution Drive (the road behind the fire station, not visible from Route 101).  This one is hard to see since it is a busy intersection and if you are driving you have to pay attention to the traffic.  It is also hard for passengers to see since it is a very small two dimensional fire engine see against dark pine trees.  I rarely see weather vanes of modern fire engines, so this was a fun one for me to find.  I think I've driven by dozens of times and never noticed it!

Bedford, New Hampshire Fire Department  http://www.bedfordnh.org/pages/bedfordnh_fire/index

Click here to see the entire Weathervane Wednesday collection! 

-----------------
The URL for this post is
http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2015/05/weathervane-wednesday-above-fire-station.html
Copyright (c) 2015, Heather Wilkinson Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment